Clearly there was a lot of effort into this, but that doesn't negate all of the problems the game has.
- The leaps of faith. If you had a larger field of view, this would be mitigated
- It was difficult to tell when you'd fall off a platform because of the weird shape of the player
- You aren't given extra frames to jump after you start falling
- In level 2, one of the low cielings I hit set my speed to 0 multiple times
- It was difficult to tell how high the player would jump. This made some sections of level 4 awkward, because the low spike ceilings made me unsure of whether or not I was meant to jump.
- I wasn't able to tell the motorola logo would kill you on contact, and lost progress unfairly to it. If you placed one at the start of the level where players wouldn't lose progress, it would be fine.
- Some of the midis sounded awful, I know that's the joke, but I still found it annoying
- Level 4 ramps up in difficulty too much compared to the previous level
- The dead end you put during the sexy hiking guy's chase. I thought it was funny, but still bad design
- The final boss was hard to dodge, and hard to get killed by, which made for an uninteresting fight.
- The variety of art in the game
- The wall jump was fun to pull off because of the sudden burst of speed you'd get when using it
- The sexy hiking guy's random appearance kept things interesting by changing it up
- The overall presentation was good
Based on the amount of content in this game and the fact that you made most of it yourself, I think you're talented and can put out some cool stuff, however, this game still felt subpar. Also, I'd reccommend this video for some platformer game making tips (https://youtu.be/vFsJIrm2btU)